To be Product Director
Who are we? Timesphere is a digital intelligence firm specialized in automated scheduling and time management tools and systems. The solutions we offer are geared towards all types of organizations that are looking to optimize their planning process, regardless of the level of complexity of their operations.
Our firm has enjoyed a steady growth over the past few years, and in order to meet the needs of our growing customer base, we need dynamic and motivated people to join our team.
At Timesphere, we offer a work environment that fosters creativity and autonomy. We encourage the professional development of our employees in order to help them build a career that is aligned with their goals. Employee satisfaction is our priority.
We aim to create the ideal conditions that give employees the ability to balance their work and personal life. When working with us, we will provide many advantages such as a flexible schedule and a hybrid work format, group insurance, a group RRSP, and more.
Oh! And sometimes, we end the week with an after work get-together, just to relax a little!
Our firm employs, give or take, forty employees across its various divisions. Now, we need you to strengthen our existing team. As our Product Director, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the link between the implementation/customer support team and the development team to inform them of customer needs and priorities.
- Ensure that the requirements of internal and external clients are recorded, analyzed, justified and included in development cycles.
- Write user stories, bug descriptions in a language developers can understand, including the acceptance criteria that apply and what defines “done.”
- Manage bug tickets and prioritize the issues to solve.
- Manage the backlog with the team lead and the management of the development department.
- Be the link between the team lead and the director.
- Ensure that there is a good collaboration between the 5 to 10 programmers.
- Raise some flags when some customers can face possible delays.
- Make demonstrations of the technology to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Write reports.
- Confirm the delivery of user stories and bug fixes and help with quality assurance when necessary.
- Take part in Agile team meetings (scrum) (sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, etc.)
- Participate in product meetings (roadmap planning, release planning), and other inter-team meetings.
Profile and Skills Sought
The rare gem who will be joining our team will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or in another job-related discipline;
- At least two years of experience in product design and delivery and in team or project coordination;
- Relevant experience in business analysis;
- Good oral and written communication skills with both external and internal clients;
- Good ability to convert customer needs into development needs;
- Experience in Agile development methodology (scrum);
- Ability to follow back end and front-end coding;
- Ability to make basic queries in MySQL databases;
- Good analytical mind and skills and good level of creativity;
- Ability to withstand pressure and to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to influence the development team without executive authority;
- Bilingual English-French.
Are you known for your analytical mind, your rigour, your good judgment and your result-focused working methods? Are you always ready to take on challenges in an ever-changing environment? If so, this position is for you! Whether you live in Saguenay, Montréal, Mérida or elsewhere, apply now and propel your career forward at Timesphere!
Type of employment: full-time, permanent